Interested in joining the J-Novel Club staff? Read on for details!
We are currently taking applications for the following position(s) to start on guaranteed projects as soon as possible:
Managing Translator: Full-Time / Remote
- Recruit translators; screen applicants, conduct skill tests and interviews on a weekly basis
- Conduct translation review and provide feedback to translators/reviewers on quality
- Manage translation issues in manga and print editions
- Follow up with and teach Translators about our style guide and processes regarding translation processes, requirements, and timelines
- Design and manage linguistic corrective and preventive actions
Requirements, job summary, bonuses, and more information can be found on our Managing Translator job description document. Send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Application for Managing Translator”.
Lead Developer: Full-Time / Remote
- Able to manage and check over the work of our App Developer and UI Developer.
- Able to work on developing and maintaining our website, mobile application, and databases using a variety of tools and coding languages (listed below.)
- A keen eye for errors, inefficiencies, and gaps in understanding and implementing new development ideas with the team.
- Develop new workflows and communications within a small but focused IT team as a team lead.
- Coordinate and schedule developmental work, keeping updates timely.
Test features once complete, and communicate results to the team, often in layman’s terms.
Requirements, job summary, bonuses, and more information can be found on our Lead Developer job description document. Send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com with the title “Application for Lead Developer”.
General Production Staff
We are accepting applications for the following freelance staff positions. Please send your resume/CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Japanese → English Translators
- English Line Editors
We are not actively accepting applications for the following freelance staff positions, but you are welcome to send your resume/CV and cover letter to email@example.com so that we have them on file.
- Quality Checkers / Proofreaders
- Manga Letterers